Monday, October 11, 2010

The Beaut Ute.

So.
I went to my appointment. My car is STILL in the shop, so I had to borrow a pal's car. I had to drive through two hours of 15mph switchback curves up and down mountains in the Jefferson National Forest to get there, and I thought I was going to die.
I didn't. But I was a whole half hour late and then when I got there, I couldn't find the key to bring inside with me. I called the car's owner, who FREAKED when she realized SHE STILL HAD THE KEY. Why wouldn't it turn off when she got out of the car?! WEIRD. So what did I have to do? Leave the car running. In the parking lot. The whole time. Terrifying, but hey...it was still there when I got out. WHEW.

ANYWAY.
The Doc brought me into his office and asked me a million questions about my history and my cycles and it was very awkward but very...therapeutic. He said based on that info, he has no doubt I'm ovulating regularly and my body is doing exactly what it's supposed to do. The only thing he could imagine might be preventing pregnancy is the fact that I've had multiple surgeries in my pelvic area (but never on my reproductive organs themselves), and there could be some scar tissue blocking my tubes... but he really doesn't think that's the case.
So then he brought me into the sonogram room and down came the pants and up went the legs and he had to use this dildo-y looking tool that was very uncomfortable, but
the sonogram was so insanely cool. My uterus was proclaimed beautiful. He also showed me my ovaries, and I could see my eggies inside! Hi future babies!!
He then pointed out that my left ovary was right next to my uterus, perhaps attached, but my right was in the perfect spot. He said that could be due to scar tissue, like he mentioned before, but again he really didn't foresee it causing any problems, especially since it hasn't caused me any discomfort.
He gave me an order form to get an S/A for Husbear at the hospital here in town, and that's the next step.
If that's all good and we aren't pregnant in 3-4 months, he'll schedule me for the HSG (dye test) to check my tubes for scar tissue, but he's pretty confident that I won't need it.
I gotta say, I feel a million times lighter and brighter and more positive than ever before.

Husbear and I decided that he'll go in for the S/A next month IF he needs it, since we're smack dab in the middle of "my window" right now. Got my positive OPK tonight and gave him the "heads up" (literally, heheh) that he's on call tonight. Good thing I shaved my legs... Lucky bastard, that man.

1 comment:

  1. How are you doing, and what is going on?? I have been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love: